Tuesday, December 25

let's all go to the lobby

movies I've seen recently:
Rushmore- I liked it a lot. Wes Anderson is great. I'm going to watch it again in a few days. some movies just make you want to do that. it's not that I didn't understand it, I don't know, I just feel like I need to see it again.

Ghost World- a character study made in the 90's. in that sense it would have been more relevant culturally to watch it when it first came out, but it's still a great film. most movies about people in shitty situations pretty much glorify the shit, and just make you wish you were in a situation like that because then at least you'd be pretty, witty, and have a happy ending. but this one portrays a true misfit, who you can like and sympathize with, but you'd never want to be in her situation.

Transformers- the perfect combination of great special effects, horrible dialog, an impossible story line, and hot lead characters.

Snakes on a Plane- just bad. not so bad it's funny, just so bad it's stupid. I can understand that a lot of people could get into a ridiculous movie, but I feel like it shouldn't have been this one.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- my second time seeing it. the first time I think I was just barely too young, so I thought I should see it again. I love how Charlie Kaufman explores subjects like that, I think his ideas are completely brilliant and spot on, but I still like Adaptation better. he did kind of pull the thing where you wish you could be in a shitty situation like that, because then at least you'd be cool and unique.

Breakfast at Tiffany's- the old movie for people who don't like old movies. it's just wonderful. (not to mention that Audrey Hepburn is the most beautiful woman to ever grace this planet)


movies I want to see:
Juno
Requiem for a Dream
Pulp Fiction
The Triplettes of Bellville
The Hudsucker Proxy
The Royal Tenenbaums
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Squid and the Whale
Spinal Tap
Amelie
Pan's Labyrinth
Trainspotting
Whale Rider
The Science of Sleep

any others?

happy christmas... I guess... we need a christmas miracle for the jews...

No comments: